How to rename a block in Autocad?
You must know the current name of the block before changing it. Let’s see how to rename a block in AutoCAD.
- Click to select the block
- Select the Properties at the top of the menu under the Properties tab, you can find the Old
- Name field that contains the block name
- To open the RENAME dialog box, type “rename” on the command line, on the Rename dialog box, select the Block
- Select the block name you want to rename
- Type in the new name
- Click OK
Now that you have changed the name of the block, you are done.
HOW DO YOU RENAME MULTIPLE BLOCKS IN AUTOCAD?
It is possible to rename multiple blocks at the same time
1. Click Format Rename
2. Enter rename at the command prompt.