With 3ds Max, you can design your project in 3D reality. In order to show people how close they are to the real thing, the materials are vital. This tutorial walks you through the steps to create realistic steel materials in 3ds Max by using the V-ray plugin. Let’s follow the steps.
1. Select an object to which you want to apply the V-Ray steel material. Press M on the keyboard to open the material editor. Choose VRay Mtl by clicking on the standard button.
2. Set the Diffuse color to R:20, G:20, B: 20
3. Set the Reflection color to R:230, G: 230, B:230
4. Set the RGlossiness to 0.7
5. Set the Subdivs to 12
6. Set the Max depth to 7
7. Click the box on the right to turn on the Fresnel reflections, and click L to change the Fresnel IOR value to 20
And that’s it. You create realistic steel material.
Would you like more shortcuts or tricks for 3ds Max? Check out our free demo class and try 3ds Max Architectural Software Course? Taking your architectural career to the next level is our goal at Backstudio Milan.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.